Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Glorious Morning


Picture by Don Ardery


The heavens declare the glory of God;
the sky displays his handiwork.
Psalm 19:1


What a thrilling sight met my eyes this morning, Lord, as I walked out onto the porch. The awesome sunrise streaking the cirrus clouds instantly reminded me of swirls of pink and blue cotton candy. In a twinkling, I am once again watching the vendor twirl the paper cone through the wispy confection. As I gaze up at Your fleeting creation, I can almost taste the delicious sweetness of that carnival delicacy melting in my mouth.

One day, Lord, I want to see your color palette and watch as you brush the brilliant and subtle hues across the canvas of the sky. The beautiful beginning to this Saturday fills me with praise for who You are and for all You have made. Thank you, Jesus!

When morning gilds the skies,
My heart, awakening, cries,
“May Jesus Christ be praised!"
(Katholisches Gesangbuch, 1828)




©2012 Pamela D. Williams