Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Take 5


We make sure we eat three meals a day. We know we should exercise 30 minutes five times a week. But do we fully comprehend we are more than flesh and blood? That we are spiritual beings? We need to link with God to be spiritually healthy and to experience inner peace.

For me, it only takes five minutes of simple quietness—listening, watching, waiting, embracing. With each passing season, God gives me opportunities to connect with Him, to nourish my innermost being:

  • I can watch the Autumn leaves slowly drift down and realize God’s infinite patience and wise provision.
  • I can catch snowflakes on my tongue, feel Winter’s chill on my cheeks, and marvel at God’s ability to forgive and wipe away every spot of sin, making my soul whiter than snow.
  • I can gaze at the tiny Spring shoots poking up through the earth and take hope that although difficult situations seem to be unchanging, underneath God is at work and will bring forth something beautiful.
  • I can soak in the Summer sun’s healing warmth and bask in the knowledge of God’s unconditional and unmerited love shining on me and all those I love.

 With Advent and the Christmas season soon upon us, quiet time can be a rare and precious commodity. Finding even five minutes to slow down and breathe in God’s presence will require preparation, but will reap eternal rewards. What are your plans for nourishing your soul during these busy weeks?

Be encouraged!
Pam

©2016 Pamela D. Williams