Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Joy of Creating

Beading, beading, and more beading! As a way for me to fill winter’s hours, Dick bought me a bracelet beading kit for Christmas one year. Over the next month and a half, I made over 50 bracelets.

What I found most addicting about this hobby was the creative development. I loved gazing over my box of beads and cords and allowing ideas for patterns, color combinations, and braiding styles to percolate in my mind. The process brought a happy smile to my face. I experience even greater joy when I see someone wearing one of my bracelets!

Crafting bracelets has given me a tiny glimpse of the wonder and joy God must feel as He creates us. He shapes and forms us before we are born. (Psalm 139:13) He instills the traits, quirks and aptitudes that make me, me and you, you. Every person is unique—no two people look exactly alike, no two people share the exact same personality, no two people possess the exact same gifts, talents, and abilities.

Revelations 4:11 tells us “God has created all things, and for His pleasure they are and were created.” Ephesians 2:10 says, we are God’s masterpiece; He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

God made you; God made me. We were created for His pleasure. The best way for us to bring God the most pleasure is to seek to do the good He planned for us to do.

Be encouraged!
Pam

©2018 Pamela D. Williams Your thoughts on my posts are always welcome. If you would like to comment, you can do so on Facebook or Google+.