Wednesday, September 26, 2012

God is in the Little Things

Creative Commons

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7

God cares about the big AND the little things in our lives. This week His showed me His grace in one of the little things.

A computer glitch of unknown origin precipitated the crash of my MSWord . . . over and over and over. At one point it crashed five times within one hour! Though a minor malfunction for many, for a writer and blogger in the midst of three rather big projects, it is major.

My husband tried several suggestions he found online to correct the problem but nothing helped. I could only type about two paragraphs before a box popped up that read, “MSWord has stopped working.” Duh! Talk about stating the obvious! Then the thing locked up and I had to log off and log back on to even get the program to close. Grrrrrrrr!

My frustration level escalated. I really needed to prepare my writers’ Bible study lesson. What if the program degraded completely? How would I get ready to teach on Wednesday? In addition, my momentum for editing my writers’ devotions book ground to a halt. It was too difficult to concentrate when every two minutes I had to hit the Save button so that the next crash wouldn't lose the changes I had just made.

Though it might seem silly to some, I decided to ask God to heal my MS Word software. I literally held my hands out over the computer and prayed.

That evening Dick came home from a meeting with an idea to fix the problem. And by God’s grace, it worked! MSWord is now working fine.

I am convinced that the Lord knows what matters to us and cares for the little things as well as the big things. God uses even minor glitches in life as opportunities to reveal His love and grant us His grace.

©2012 Pamela D. Williams