Wednesday, July 17, 2013

God's Handiwork


Hapuna Beach Photo by Pam Williams

The turquoise water swells and spills its way to the shore in crystal clear waves edged with lacy white foam. Such tremendous power ebbs and flows, and yet, bathes me in peace.

I love the soft, white sand beneath my feet and the comforting warmth of the sun on my shoulders. A gentle breeze cools my face and plays with the fine tendrils of hair that have escaped my pony tail, tickling my neck.

White puffy clouds in the distance hold no threat. Even rain showers are pleasant—warm drops that are here one moment and gone the next, lasting only long enough to water thirsty flowers.

In the midst of the busyness of life it is good to find a few moments to let God’s beautiful creation minister to our stressed out souls.  I breathe in serenity with the sea-scented air. Tilting my face upward, I whisper my heartfelt thanks to Jesus for this awesome reflection of His power over all circumstances.

How has God's handiwork ministered to you this Summer?


“The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity. The seas have lifted up, O LORD, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea-- the LORD on high is mighty.” Psalm 93:1-4


©2013 Pamela D. Williams