Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Ministry of Blogging

Morguefile.com
Is blogging a ministry for you? Over the past two years that I have been blogging, I have drawn so much encouragement as a Christian and as a writer from blogging. I feel God is using this form of social media.
Blogging strengthens, uplifts, and stretches my faith--it is definitely a ministry TO me and hopefully is one that God is using to minister to others THRU me .

I think it is so neat the way blogging opens a way for us to fulfill Scripture. Look at how the following scriptures describe what we give and receive through Christian blogging:
  • Colossian 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom. I enjoy the weekly dose of teaching by Arlee Bird each Sunday over at A Few Words.
  • 1 Peter 3:15 Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you, but do it with gentleness and respect. The dedicated women who write devotionals each week day for Proverbs 31 Ministries offer hope in the face of all kinds of challenges.
  • Hebrews 10:24 Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. For a daily spiritual challenge, stop by Gail's blog at One Minute Bible Love-Notes.
  • Proverbs 27:17 People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. One of my favorite blogs to visit is Sharon Sharing God. Sharon's old-fashioned honesty about what God is teaching her has a way of inspiring me to live more fully for Jesus.
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I find Karen's posts at Lily Valley very uplifting.
  • Philippians 2:4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have you read the Friday Five? Each Friday Wanda over at Watered Soul recommends five posts from different bloggers. These are posts that she has found helpful and feels that others might benefit from. I love this ministry of Wanda's! I have discovered so many new blogs to follow and oodles of kindred spirits to connect with..
Don't you just love how God uses every means possible to reach and teach us?

Have a blessed weekend!
Pam

 ©2013 Pamela D. Williams