Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Gift Goes On

Wild Birds Unlimited
One of our favorite Christmas gifts this year was a birdseed snowman on a metal hanger. It is a gift that keeps on giving. The snowman itself was a gift, of course, but the birds’ enjoyment of the snowman has also been a gift.

It reminds me of the gift of sharing our faith.


God gives us the gift of salvation, the greatest gift anyone will ever receive. We, in turn, are to share our gift with others. Talking with someone else about how God forgave my sin and brought me into a relationship with Him is one of the most awesome, joyous experiences of my life. Like serving life-sustaining feed to our feathered friends, our stories plant seeds of soul saving faith in those who hear them.

Sharing that story renews my own faith all over again. And when someone responds to my story by asking questions and seeking a relationship with God for themselves, joy fills me to overflowing, spreading a broad smile across my face and spilling tears down my cheeks.


"'Tell them everything God has done for you.'
So he went all through the town proclaiming the great things Jesus had done for him."
Luke 8:39

Every year about this time my husband begins Confirmation and Membership classes. It is a privilege that he and I share because we both love it so much. Why? We get to hear the stories of how each person in the class came to know Jesus as their Savior. It is the one requirement for joining the church. Everything else that is taught in the class is secondary.

What an exciting and faith-building time! Everyone’s story is different—personal and specific. How God has worked to reach each person is amazing—truly amazing! God orchestrates all aspects of life to bring us to the decision to believe and follow Him. I love hearing how He has worked, and planned, and loved each person into His family.

This coming Sunday we begin our first Confirmation class at Trucksville UMC. I am smiling just thinking about it. The pure joy of sowing the seeds of faith in another soul far surpasses even the delight of watching the birds feast on the seed cylinder on our porch. I can hardly wait!

Blessings!
Pam

©2014 Pamela D. Williams