I have led an unusually blessed life. I can honestly say with David, “I praise God, because he did not reject my prayer or keep back his constant love from me.” (Psalm 66:20)
The truth is, I don’t know why. I certainly don’t deserve God’s blessings. I have assuredly NOT been good enough to guarantee my prayers would be answered. I definitely have not earned God’s steadfast love for me.
Yet, I have it. (I shake my head in amazement at that fact.)
And you know what? YOU, too, are loved by God with an unending, unmerited love!
Part of the reason God’s love seems so incredible is that God’s love far exceeds limited, human love. I recently came across a list of attributes of God’s love in a devotional entitled, “I’m Amy and I Like Getting Gold Stars by Amy Carroll at Proverbs31.com. Here is my edited version of Amy’s list, with a few additions of my own.
- God’s love is constant. (Psalm 25:6)
- God’s love is wonderful. (Psalm 31:21)
- God’s love is better than life. (Psalm 63:3)
- God’s love endures forever. (Psalm 118:4)
- God’s love reaches out to sinners. (Romans 5:8)
- God’s love is demonstrative. (Romans 5:8)
- God’s love is patient. (I Corinthians 13:4)
- God’s love is kind. (I Corinthians 13:4)
- God’s love is wide and long and high and deep. (Ephesians 3:18)
- God’s love surpasses knowledge. (Ephesians 3:19)
- God’s love comforts. (Philippians 2:1)
- God’s love is great. (1 John 3:1)
Realizing God loves me with THAT kind of love stretches beyond my comprehension. And the best part is NOTHING can separate us from it—ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
“For I am certain that nothing can separate us from [God’s] love:
neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers or powers,
neither the present nor the future, 39 neither the world above nor the world below—there is nothing in all creation that will ever be able to separate us from
the love of God which is ours through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Isn’t that just the greatest news you ever heard?
|image from bing.com|
(Doin’ the happy dance!)