Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Blessed People

graphic from Grace Apostolic Church.
God draws a line between His people and the world. “In the Old Testament, God wanted the recognizable difference between Israel and the world to be physical [as in, the plaques did not fall on God’s people]. In the New Testament, He wants that difference to be spiritual. . . We must focus on spiritual blessings to be the difference between us and the world.” Walkthru.org (2/2/15)

As I prayed through the Quiet Walk daily devotion on February 2nd, God nudged me to answer the question, “How have you been spiritually blessed?” It didn’t take long for answers to rise to the surface:

  • I have forgiveness, full and free, because of the love of sacrifice of Jesus.
  • I have a husband who is my soul mate and friend, whose heart beats as one with mine.
  • I have seen my children turn their hearts toward God.
  • As a pastor’s wife, I am daily surrounded by those who are seeking God.
  • I know Whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I’ve committed unto Him against that day.
  • I have been given the gift of writing to share God’s truths with others.
  • I am connected with family, friends, co-workers, and writers who know and love God and who share what He is doing in their lives.

 The Bible repeats over and over that God’s people are a spiritually blessed people: 
  • Psalm 2:12 “Blessed are those who put their trust in God.”
  • Psalm 146:5 “Blessed is he whose hope is in the LORD.”
  • Psalm 144:15 “Blessed is the people whose God is the LORD.”

 In what ways has God made a distinction between you and the world? How have you been spiritually blessed?

Be encouraged!
Pam

 ©2015 Pamela D. Williams