Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Praying for You



It’s happening again. I have experienced this feeling before. In the midst of scary, life-changing events, the prayers of God’s people have carried me above the fray.

It happened during the seven years we fostered our daughter before parental rights were finally terminated and we could adopt her. During those years I never thought losing her. I just lived life like she was already mine—and she was. We have been joined at the heart since the moment the case worker placed her in my arms. God’s people were praying.

It happened again when our son’s kidney ruptured after a sledding accident. He spent 18 days in the hospital, most of it in ICU. During surgery, the doctors discovered it was the result of a birth defect and could have happened at any time. During a post surgery visit I was shocked to hear the doctor say, “Well, Seth, I am glad to see you doing so well. There were a couple of times there that I thought we were going to lose you.”
God’s people were praying.

And now I can feel the prayers from hundreds of people holding me up during this battle with breast cancer. Nothing I have been warned about has been as bad as I was told it could be. Why? Because God’s people are praying!

Sometimes when we are in the midst of a challenge our own prayers seem to be fragmented and ineffectual. I for one depend on the prayers of others during those times.

It reminds me of the paralyzed man whose friends carried him to Jesus for healing. Remember how they tore a hole in the roof and lowered him down on a pallet? (Mark 2:1-12) That’s how it feels to be carried along on the prayers of my family and friends. It’s a feeling of being loved and cared for in a way that infuses God’s supernatural power into my life. What a huge blessing this is!

Is someone you know facing a struggle right now? Have you told them you would pray for them? Are you keeping that promise? I KNOW your prayers make a difference.

Thanks so much!

Blessings!
Pam

P.S. I've been feeling really good. I get tired quickly in the evenings so I go to bed early. Had blood work today. My white count is low but no fever. Everything else is good. By next week the WC should be coming back up. So far so good! Thanks for your prayers! Thank you, Jesus, for holding me close!

©2015 Pamela D. Williams