I’ve always agreed with the old adage, “There’s no need to re-invent the wheel.” So when I came across this post by Vinita Hampton Wright on SacredSpace.ie, I decided to share it with you just as it is. It offers good suggestions for making a difference in this New Year we have just begun.
“Rather than compose elaborate resolutions for the year to come, simply do today, in some small way, what you intend to do all year:
· Say “Thank you” to at least one person
· Make one healthy choice about your body—food or drink or rest or motion.
· Do one generous act, big or small.
· Say “yes” to the day’s gifts.
· Get quiet for five minutes, just to be still.
· Let one person know that you appreciate him or her.
· Do one creative act, big or small.
· Allow yourself to consider what someone else is going through.
· Do one thing well and with full attention.
· Open your arms - and your heart - to God.
If you do it today, you can do it again, and again.”
By Vinita Hampton Wright on dotMagis, the blog of IgnatianSpirituality.com
2016 Pamela D. Williams