Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Dawn

The Lands at Hillside Farms

God once said, “Let light shine out of the darkness!”
And this is the same God who made His light shine in our hearts
to let us know that His own divine greatness is seen in the face of Christ.
(2 Corinthians 4:6)

The light gradually penetrates the darkness while I sit quietly in our family room, enjoying my daily, much-needed devotional moments, before the busyness of life intrudes. Each time I look up from my reading and gaze out our sliding glass doors, I notice I can see the awakening world a little more clearly. The sun, ever so steadily and slowly, is brightening the day.

The unfolding of Your words gives light;
it gives understanding to the simple.
(Psalm 119:130)

I love my early, early morning tête-à-têtes with Jesus. As I read God’s Word and talk with Him about it, incorporating some insights from the writings of my fellow Christians, I gain a better understanding both of Jesus and of how He wants me to live out what He is teaching me during our times together. Like the sun slowly drawing back the curtain of night, the Son patiently and faithfully opens my spiritual eyes to His presence and His truth. Understanding dawns; I can better navigate my day.

For You light my lamp;
The LORD my God illumines my darkness.
(Psalm 18:28)

New insights dawn each time I read a passage. I have read through the entire Bible repeatedly. Yet God continually gives me fresh insight into His Word. What I learned the last time I read a verse is now added to and adjusted by new perceptions God reveals. How to apply God’s instructions grows clearer. New truths are brought to light from the pages of God’s time-worn book.


God’s word is alive and working.
It is sharper than the sharpest sword
and cuts all the way into us.
It cuts deep to the place where the soul and the spirit are joined.
God’s word cuts to the center of our joints and our bones.
It judges the thoughts and feelings in our hearts.
(Hebrews 4:12)

Be encouraged!
Pam

©2017 Pamela D. Williams