Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Transfigure-Transform


Our grandson, Kodey, spent last week in a place of both transfiguration and transformation.

“Camp was soooo much fun and really opened my eyes to God even more! I watched people be healed all throughout the week and people be changed and their hearts be changed. It was an experience that was unlike any other. 😁 God is so very good! I prayed for this one guy who was kneeling and crying at the pews. The next day my friends and I saw this man and he not only was changed himself but was helping others change, too! 😧 It was a mind-blowing experience. Very cool! God can change lives in a heartbeat! 😁 I watched so many people grow even more in Christ, including myself, all throughout the week!” ~ Kodey

Kodey’s experience reminded me of Matthew 17:1-9, which tells us about a time when Peter and John and James went with Jesus up a mountain. During their time there, God shared several truths about Jesus. He let these three, and now us, know that Jesus is His Son and we are to listen to Him—powerful truths, to say the least. That place is often referred to as the Mount of Transfiguration.

According to Entangledstates.org, “Transfiguration does not mean the same thing as the word Transformation. Transformation implies a remaking of the nature of a person. Transfiguration implies a revelation of the true nature of a person.”

The transfiguration of Jesus, the revelation of more of his true nature, transformed those three disciples. For my grandson, Kodey, church camp was a “mount of transfiguration” that brought about transformation. Jesus revealed more of His true nature to the youth who attended; and those who were listening were transformed. Kodey’s excitement and enthusiasm about Jesus were evident even in his texts! His closing words say it all:

“I'm so very thankful and glad I got the opportunity to go to camp! 😁 And I want to go every year till I can't anymore! 😂”

Doesn’t his witness make you hunger to know Jesus better? To be ever changing into the person He desires you to be? When was the last time you experienced a transfiguration of Jesus that transformed your life? I would love to hear about it!

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Romans 12:2

Be encouraged!
Pam

©2017 Pamela D. Williams