Wednesday, February 7, 2018

We're Moving!


Three little words that I have heard often in my marriage still stir up a myriad of emotions: “We are moving!”

Beginning July 1, 2018, Dick will become the pastor of Grace United Methodist Church in Lewistown, PA. Lewistown is only 22 miles from Mt. Union, the town where Dick and I grew up. Many of my family members still live in the area, including my mom! So, I am elated!!!

At the same time, I am a bit nervous about getting to know so many new people, learning hundreds of names, familiarizing myself with the church’s ministries, establishing a new “normal”. Ambivalent feelings always accompany change.

As Dick and I anticipate starting a new appointment, I decided to remind myself of several Biblical promises that have held true for us over the years:

God always has a plan. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

God is always with us. Deuteronomy 31:8 “The Lord himself will lead you and be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you, so do not lose courage or be afraid."

God always has a purpose for me, a job for me to do. Ephesian 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

God always brings about good. Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Perhaps you, too, are facing a big change—a move, a new job, parenthood—and are feeling the same excitement, anxiety, joy, uncertainty that I have been. Take a few moments to ponder the Scriptures and allow God’s Word to speak peace into your heart and mind.

I KNOW God’s got this move and He’s got whatever you are facing, too.

Be encouraged,
Pam

©2018 Pamela D. Williams

While I cannot receive comments here, if you would like to share your thoughts on my post you can do so on Facebook, Google+, or via my contact form.