Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Examples to Follow


“Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. “(1 Timothy 4:12) Paul’s words to Timothy caused me to wonder who has been a Christ-like example in my life? Over the years many people have filled that role.

Bill and Peggy Williams lived out their relationship with Christ moment by moment. They saw, heard, spoke to, trusted in, and served Jesus for every move they made, every step they took. Bill and Peggy lived Romans 8:5, “Those who live as the Spirit tells them to, have their minds controlled by what the Spirit wants.”

My sister Amy has shown me what a bold love of the Lord looks like. She has been a true Jesus follower for longer than I have. She is unafraid of sharing God’s Word with others and daily follows 1 Thessalonians 5:11, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.”

My husband Dick is a great example of dedication to the Lord. His faith is steadfast and unwavering, tried and true. Proverbs 3:5 is more than just a Bible verse—Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding—is a way of life.

My mom illustrated how we can serve God by serving others. (Matthew 25:40) Mom taught, sewed, fed, drove, witnessed to, babysat, and welcomed ALL. My niece, Danielle, and her husband Jeremy have followed my mom’s example and their ministry dares me to serve “the least of these” with love and respect.

Just recently I met a young woman from the Philippines who has been a Christian only a few years. Hearing Carmelle speak of her new-found faith inspires and challenges me! She lives Psalm 31:14, “My trust is in you, O Lord; you are my God.”

1 Peter 2:21 reminds us that “Christ himself suffered for you and left you an example, so that you would follow in His steps.” Jesus is our ultimate example of how to live the Christian life, but I am so thankful for these wonderful Christians God has brought into my own life.

Who has been an example for you to follow for a life that reflects Jesus?

Be encouraged!

©2023 Pamela D. Williams.
Comments welcome at writepam71@gmail.com