Wednesday, January 3, 2024

NEW!


2024! A new year! Around January 1st we hear lots of talk and ads that include the word “new”. Turn over a new leaf. Try a new diet. Implement a new exercise program. Begin a new relationship. Open a new chapter in your life. Find the new you! Everyone wants to better themselves in some way. We want to let go of the past and embrace a new start.

God’s Word talks often about “new” things.

Isaiah 43:19 “The LORD says, ‘See, I am doing a new thing!’”

Ezekial 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.”

John 13:34 “I am giving you a new command.”

Colossians 3:10 “Put on the new self . . . Put on your new nature . . .”

For me, the best verse of all is 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”

Anyone looking for a new start, a fresh beginning, can have it! God knows we want to wipe away our past mistakes, forget our previous faux pas, delete the bad choices we have made, and wash away the wrongs we have committed. So, He offers us that chance!

Jesus died on the cross to make it possible for us to be forgiven of our old sins and to be given a new life lived with Him. While we may remember our old life, when we ask Jesus into our lives, He removes our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. (Psalm 103:12)

Want to truly start the new year out on the right foot? Offer this prayer to the LORD today: "Dear Lord Jesus, I realize I need you in my life. I have sinned and I am separated from you. I believe that you died for me on the cross and rose again so that I can spend eternity with you. I ask you to forgive me of my sins. Please come into my life and take total control. Help me to begin a new relationship with you. Thank You for forgiving me and saving me. I ask this in your name, Lord Jesus. Amen."

Be encouraged!


©2024 Pamela D. Williams.
Comments welcome at writepam71@gmail.com