Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful for Blogging


I am always amazed at how the Holy Spirit speaks to so many of us on the same topic on the same day. My bloggy friend, Denise (over at Shortybears Place) and I are both thankful today for blogging.

God has used blogging in my life to challenge and stretch me both as a follower of Jesus and as a writer. I have met incredibly faithful Christians in the blogosphere who (whom?) God has used to inspire me to take longer strides of faith and deepen my trust in Him. I have also learned that with God's vast imagination and ability to stretch time, I am capable of much more as a writer than I ever thought possible. I am daily thankful that the Lord has brought me to this place. Just a year ago, although I had heard of a blog, I had no idea what the whole concept of blogging was about.

I am also thankful for Brianna Renshaw, who was the first person I ever met who had a blog. She introduced the idea of starting our own blogs to my friend, Dawn, and I.

I praise God for Dawn and her three E's--encouragement, enthusiasm, and energy. Without her, I would never have started a blog or accepted the 2011 A to Z Challenge.

Which leads me to Arlee Bird at Tossing It Out, who is the founder of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Haven't heard of it? Bloggers are challenged to commit to writing a post a day every day in April (except Sundays)--with the added stipulation that April 1st's post has a theme beginning with A; April 2nd's has a theme beginning with B; etc, to April 30th, which has a theme beginning with Z.

Last year I was one of over 1200 people who took the challenge. Who would have thought that writing everyday would be so popular? Want to know more about the it? Click on  A to Z Blogging Challenge. You will meet sooooo many great Christian bloggers through it.

That's how I connected with so many of you kindred spirits who are now following 2 Encourage. Your loyalty and positive comments warm my heart and carry me through dry spells (both writing and spiritual). Thank you, all!

So THANK YOU, LORD, for BLOGGING! We LOVE it!

God's greatest blessings!
Pam

©2012 Pamela D. Williams