Wednesday, January 29, 2014

You Can Help Me Adjust My Attitude


I need an attitude adjustment!

January is often a month when we do our best to look at things more positively, to approach problems or challenges with a better attitude. Philippians 2:5 says: "The attitude you should have is the one that Christ Jesus had."

What is that attitude? Verses 6-8 tells us Jesus gave up all He had, and took the nature of a servant; He was humble and obedient.

One of the blessings of blogging is how God uses what other's write to adjust my attitude to more closely follow what He expects of me. When my pride is hurt, or I am feeling disgusted or pessimistic, God makes sure I read a few eye-opening posts from my favorite Christian bloggers to change my perspective. Sometimes I don't even have to look all that far to find encouragement--for me it often comes in the form of an email with the latest post from the blogs I subscribe to. I come away with a humbler, more appreciative mind-set and an improved outlook.

Blessings!
Pam
©2012 Pamela D. Williams