Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Caught in a Whirlwind

Recently we learned that we will be moving in November. This news has plunged me full speed into a whirlwind of activity—sorting, planning, scheduling, cleaning, packing, and on and on.

When God called us to serve within the United Methodist Church, we knew that Methodists move--a lot. It is part of being itinerant--willing to move anywhere, anytime God calls us to.

The news about moving also throws my emotions into a whirlwind. For the most part, I genuinely love it--meeting new people, discovering cool places, and the excitement of being a part of all that God has in store. However, I will miss my kindred spirits and the special haunts that our current location holds. Moving is always a bittersweet experience.

Sometime in the next 12 weeks my husband and I are also supposed to take a vacation. We don’t know where or exactly when, but we do know we both need it. My hope is to find a calm in the center of the storm where I can sit and let Jesus hold me and whisper truths in my ear . . . before I crash land at our new church!

Prayers appreciated, my blogging friends!


©2013 Pamela D. Williams