Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Healing

Photo by Pam Williams

I wanted to let you all know that my surgery is over and I am healing very nicely. I actually feel great! No pain whatsoever! Found out Tuesday that there was no cancer in the lymph nodes! Thank You, Lord! All good news!

Since my cancer was triple negative and aggressive, I must meet with an oncologist to determine if prophylactic chemotherapy would be advised. That appointment is on Monday afternoon. I have to admit, this is the scariest part for me. However, I have heard wonderful reports of this particular doctor so I feel very blessed.

My husband Dick has been the best nurse, encourager, companion, and comic relief! He is so very good to me, always anticipating my needs and staying tuned in to where I am emotionally and spiritually. I couldn’t ask for more.

So many people have come along side of us and are walking this journey with us. God is using their hands and voices (and cooking skills—yum!) to support us in every way possible. Their prayers carry us through.

Thank you all for your prayers and notes of encouragement. Knowing that people all over the world are praying for me is a source of deep comfort. I will keep you posted in what lies ahead. May you be blessed in full measure for how you have blessed me.

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:14-16

Pam