Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Thank God for Mothers


A few months ago we found a Bluetooth keyboard at a thrift store but never really tried it. I decided to hunt it up and see how it worked. I can now type documents on my phone by pairing it with the keyboard! Technology is so cool!

We now have so many new ways to communicate! Facebook Messenger, Texting, Email, Docushare, Facetime, Snapchat, and a host of others that I am unfamiliar with. I remember when Dick was in the Air Force our only means of communication were handwritten letters and the rare long distance phone call!

Now we can reach people instantaneously!

Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Proverbs 31:28–29 says, "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.'” Have we told our mother’s what a blessing they are by using one of the many forms of communication available?

I do have a few suggestions. If you visit, don’t sit with your head bent over your phone instead of talking to Mom. If you call, turn the computer or TV off and really listen. If you send a text, make it personal. (I love seeing all the pretty and amusing icons people add to texts.)

It’s been four Mother’s Days since I have gotten to hear my mom’s voice, kiss her cheek, feel her arms around me, or tell her “I love you!” I miss her every day.

This week-end, use whatever means you have to tell her you love her. One day you will wish you had just one more chance to let her know you care, to tell her she is truly a special lady, to wrap your arms around her and hold her close.

"Listen to your father, who gave you life, and don’t despise your mother when she is old. Get the truth and never sell it; also get wisdom, discipline, and good judgment. The father of godly children has cause for joy. What a pleasure to have children who are wise. So give your father and mother joy! May she who gave you birth be happy." (Proverbs 23:22-25)

©2024 Pamela D. Williams. 
Comments welcome at writepam71@gmail.com