|Who We Are in Jesus|
Remember my friends, Cheryl and Frank Andreus? I told you about them a while back in a post entitled “Shouldering Others’ Burdens”. Frank was diagnosed with a rare, treatment-resistant form of multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells in bone marrow) last year about this time. At the beginning of October 2011, Frank underwent an autologous stem cell transplant that put the cancer in remission. Usually remission from a stem cell transplant lasts for one to five years. February 6th Frank found out his cancer is no longer in remission.
The Andreus’ news caught many of us who are friends and church family off guard, but was especially sobering for Cheryl and Frank and their children and grandchildren. Please remember them in your prayers.
At times like these, when trials seem like more than we can handle, each of us needs a reminder of who we are as Christians. If you are going through a tough time, speak these truths aloud and let the Holy Spirit infuse your soul with them. If a friend is facing challenges, pass the list along to them.
- I am the spice of life. (Matthew 5:13)
- I am a light for the world. (Matthew 5:14)
- I am Jesus’ friend. (John 15:15)
- I am loved by God. (1 Thessalonians 1:4)
- I am God’s son/daughter and heir. (Romans 8:17)
- I am a temple for God’s Spirit. (I Corinthians 3:16)
- I am an important part of Christ’s body. (I Corinthians 12:26-27)
- I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I am God’s handiwork, created for a purpose. (Ephesians 2:10)
- I am able to do all things. (Philippians 4:13)
- I am never alone. (Hebrews 13:5)
- I am cared for by God. (1 Peter 1:7)
- I am forgiven. (1 John 1:9)
- I am heard by God. (1 John 5:14)
I would love to add Scriptures to the list that tells us even more about who we are in Jesus. If you have a suggestion, please leave it in the comments section.
A friend of God,