|Photo from Bing.com|
Have you tried a “Cleanse”? Many people advocate plans and products to detoxify our bodies as a means of losing weight and gaining energy. I’ve never tried one so I can’t speak to their effectiveness. However, I have experienced a spiritual cleanse.
Just as harmful substances like pesticides, microbes, and mercury, disinfectants, deodorizers, and toxic gasses can enter our bodies and cause physical illnesses and disorders, sin—in all its varied forms--clogs our souls and destroys relationships.
Unlike the many cleanses suggested to purge and purify the systems of our bodies, Jesus is the one and only option God offers to cleanse us spiritually:
- I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)
- We can be saved only by the power of the one named Jesus and not by any other person. (Acts 4:12)
- Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross so that, freed from our sins, we could live a life that has God’s approval. (1 Peter 2:24)
- Jesus cleanses us from every sin. (1 John 1:7)
- God is faithful . . . and cleanses us from everything we’ve done wrong. (1 John 1:9)
- Jesus came to take away our sins. (1 John 3:5)
While the jury is still out on which is the best physical cleanse, God has made “the cleanse” for sin very clear—trust in Jesus. Have you tried the cleanse that is FREE, has no expiration date, and is 100% guaranteed?
©2014 Pamela D. Williams